Thursday, February 14, 2013

India Pre-Trip Preparations



Pre-Trip Preparations
 

Departure is just around the corner and I'm in a state of "do I bring this, will I need that, do I have too much stuff...?". Argh! There's nothing quite like waking up at 4:45 am to contemplate such questions!

It really puts my yoga to the test. Can I allow enough room for self-care, ritual and routine as I have this impending departure with a many things that need to be in order prior to boarding?

The answer of course is "yes"! That's one of the reasons why I've established these practices in the first place, to be able to keep on an even keel when the pressure gauge rises. So I continue with my morning meditation and chanting, yoga, bicycling and trying to get to bed a bit earlier than usual (that's the tough one).

But I'm ready to go and hold the space for those in great need. I have seen pictures from the first trip that is currently in Kolkata and seeing the faces of those people that I and my surrounding community have been working to support expands my heart.

I'm excited to be sharing this chapter of my yoga journey with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment