Sunday, August 18, 2013

Marinating

 
 
I have spent this past week out of my usual routine and environment.  I have allowed myself time to lighten the schedule, to flow with the rhythm of the day and put my feet up.
 
I know that over the many years that I've been teaching, this re-charge time is not only necessary but invaluable.  When I teach, I want to be fully present and engaged in the experience.  I set the intention of holding the space so that others can be fully in their experience allowing whatever needs to happen, to simply unfold.  Often at the days end, I need time to simply be quiet, not engaging in lengthy or deep conversations.  It's my body's way of asking me to reconnect.
 
When I neglect this aspect of re-centering, my fatigue level seems to rise more quickly and I get cranky.  In that space, I'm not able to be living from the perspective that I try to live from on a regular basis.  My interactions may not be as loving as I would like which once again reminds me to unplug.
 
I know that our busy season and the new yoga teacher training program are just around the corner.  So I will keep this short and sweet to savor each moment.
 
I hope you're taking some time for your own self...even if it's a small amount, you're worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment