Sunday, September 13, 2009

What Does Joy Look Like?






I spent yesterday at Bhakti Fest, the first celebration of kirtan (music), yoga, food and energy of its kind, held in Joshua Tree, CA. It brought up numerous thoughts for this weeks writing, but one has stuck more strongly than the others.

Finding and expressing joy.

The beautiful thing about visiting the Fest was watching people express joy and happiness. Many moments in our daily lives are routine, often challenging and frequently riddled with different types of stress.

To step into a community of people who were letting go, of all kinds of daily life connections was reflective of a larger practice-that of non-attachment and experiencing the NOW moment.

I watched people stand up and dance with their eyes closed, chanting along with the kirtan leader. I saw people practicing Acro Yoga and doing Hula Hoops. I saw people smiling, hugging and truly embracing the experience. I saw my old high school friend, Dave Z, create a beautiful image of Shiva as he stood alongside the stage with Jai Uttal rocking the crowd. As I looked into the expressions on peoples faces...I saw happiness.

I invite you to find something that brings that feeling to your heart and radiates out through your being to others. The reason is, that seeing joy-brings joy. It's contagious. It's worth catching.

I hope you enJOY the upcoming week and to see you in classes soon!


Peace and Namaste',
Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment