Sunday, September 6, 2009

Morphing The Dream

With my upcoming trip to Australia, I have been in various stages of planning and re-thinking. My original vision that popped into my head over 18 months ago was a trip Down Under with a group of people in tow with all of us stepping into the natural beauty of Australia to practice yoga on a deeper level. What has transpired is that vision has morphed into something different and my question is, "how am I OK with that?"

The reality is the retreat isn't happening. I'm going to Sanctuary Retreat in Mission Beach, Queensland and will stay there for a week or so. I'll be there with my husband, Ed, and the two other people who wanted to do the retreat. The best we can hope for is that one or two other people who are staying at Sanctuary will be interested in taking a yoga class during our stay. If that happens, then I will be teaching yoga at the site.

The positive upshot of all of this is that a lesson is sitting within the experience. I'll have the opportunity to experience the retreat center from a different perspective and check out the setting. I won't be working quite as hard as originally planned and will have time to practice yoga, explore, read and write. I'll know more about what to do in future attempts to create an overseas retreat and I hope to bring back images and first hand experiences of what it's like to be in this setting.

Although my original vision has changed, my desire to pursue that vision has been an exercise in facing fear and disappointment. As it turns out...I'm still OK with all of it!


Peace & Namaste',

Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment