Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Thoughtful Voice

I have had many thoughts passing through the super highway of my brain that seem to be displaying opposite views and perspectives. As I wrote last week, I felt pure joy witnessing the expression of genuine happiness at the Bhakti Fest. It has remained fresh in my mind and my thought this week was how much contrast I witnessed since stepping back from the blissful edge and into the reflection of our daily culture.

It really hit me as to how disgruntled people are at the moment. They seem angry at the government and in despair over the economy. We had people losing their minds like Serena Williams' outburst at the US Open, Kanye West bursting on-stage during someone elses acceptance speech at the VMA's, a Senator yelling out in a joint session, people cutting in front of me at Trader Joe's...I mean C'MON PEOPLE...where's the decorum?

People seem to be expressing their dissatisfaction. As Mick Jagger put it, "I can't get no..."

My thought is, "Is this expression necessarily bad?". Inappropriate?. Absolutely. But, it's expression nonetheless and voicing is good for the spirit. Perhaps it becomes more destructive when there is no counter balance...no yin with the yang. No feminine amongst the masculine. No ebb, just flow. So how do we express ourselves appropriately without thrusting our inappropriate behavior onto everyone else? Once those words have left the source, there is no taking it back.

Consciousness. That's how. Developing our own awareness for how we imprint the world. Whether that be through words, actions or thoughts. Realizing that we ARE a reflection of the rest of the Universe. We share the same Divine light as every other being on this planet.

The practice of yoga has hung around for some 5,000 years because people have consciously experienced how awareness raising it can be. I invite you to listen to yourself from the inside first, before you outwardly express. Feel your own inner beauty and peace and project that onto the planet.

I recently heard that wisdom is being able to hold opposing views without feeling that either is right or wrong.

I hope you enjoy an expressive few weeks!

Peace and Namaste',

Jayne



No comments:

Post a Comment