Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Color Purple

Greetings everyone,
My thought for this week is based around being inspired by the color purple. The actual color that is, not the movie. The Los Angeles Lakers are in the play-offs, my toe nails are a deep purple, our highest intuitive center (crown chakra) can be represented by purple and the annual Lavender Festival is about to happen. I have heard that purple also represents femininity and royalty. And who doesn't love looking a grouping of lobelia?

What do all of these things have in common? Perhaps nothing more than the color, but like many things its what they represent that holds meaning. The Lakers represent teamwork and perseverence; my toe nails represent honoring myself enough to take a time out and receive; the crown chakra represents our highest connection beyond our physical selves to the Universe at large; and the Lavender Festival represents the cycle of nature and all its abundant beauty.

So when I see each of these things independently, I am reminded about what cascades out from them...as well as a radiant color!

No comments:

Post a Comment