Saturday, January 5, 2013

Out With The Old, In With The...wait a minute!

The other day I had a strong insight as we've just stepped over the threshold and into a new year. I was at a meeting and someone was describing a session that they were offering which would "get rid of all the old stuff from 2012 and bring in new stuff for 2013". I hope I didn't overtly react with an obvious recoil, but that's what my unfiltered reaction was...to pull back from the idea of out with the old and in with the new.

As I sat in reflection for what has transpired over the past twelve months, I'm nothing short of amazed. SO many good things happened. I traveled, I taught, I learned, I was challenged and I raised almost $28,000! "Wow", I thought, "I've had a great year." Sure, at times I wondered what lurked in the shadows, but it was truly a year that possessed manifestation. So, why would I want to get rid of the old when I learned so much? Quite frankly, I don't.

Instead, I want to honor what has evolved and acknowledge how it came about. Often, we are ready to let go of things before their time, thinking that the grass might be greener if we do. Take a moment to consider ONE thing that you've added into your life this past year that has made it unquestionably better. That one thing began as an inclination that something needed to change and you stepped onto a path of creating that change. And now...here you are in the present moment with what now seems to be quite a normal part of your life, although it didn't begin that way.

I'm all for living in the present moment and practice it daily. But I also recognize how our past is a magnificent teacher. If we're paying attention to our actions and how they echo firstly within and then beyond us, we begin to become better attuned to what is truly working. It's a dynamic process that will forever be unfolding, yet I hope that with acknowledging what's working that I get more efficient at finding out what's worth keeping and what is not.

This past year was a pivotal one for me. I remember having a conversation with a friend in Australia who said, "Jaynie, it seems like it's all coming together and that life is going really well". I replied, "Yes, I can actually say that what I was always searching for...for what was next, is here. And I think it's called manifestation". I had never said that before, but truly had an opportunity to feel what coming to fruition really meant.

So what you've been working on is in process. It's in the loop of having been recognized and, if given the right nourishment, will blossom into what you've been thinking about.

Go ahead. See what you planted in 2012. Now, it's time to manifest!

No comments:

Post a Comment