Saturday, January 19, 2013

All By Myself

 
 
I am entering my 31st year of teaching to groups...it feels surreal to actually write that, but it's true. Over the years I have taught literally thousands of people in thousands of classes and I've learned that if you are good at what you do, you create a loyal following. What I've also learned is that every few months, I need to step away to keep it fresh for both myself and my students. But, when I announce that I'll be away, some students wonder how they'll continue with their practice. Just because I'm away, doesn't mean you're off the hook for stepping off your mat, so here are some suggestions to keep you on track.

1. Visit another local studio and try out a new teacher.

2. Roll out your mat at home, step on it and let your inner teacher begin to guide you. Follow what your intuition is telling you. You might be surprised at how much you know from the classes you've taken. Just standing in mountain pose and taking a few conscious breaths is a perfect place to start.

3. Take a class on-line. Here are two sites that have many options: My Yoga Online and Yoga Glo.

4. Visit the videos that I have created:
Detox Yoga Flow - Part One
Detox Yoga Flow-Part Two
Standing Warm Up
Sun Salute
Standing Postures/Warriors
Standing Balances
Seated & Savasana

My advice is to trust what you know, listen to your body and try something different. I will back to the mat with you before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment