Sunday, February 21, 2010

Endless Education




I have spent this past weekend "attending" my first Virtual Yoga Conference. Yes...I initially asked the same question. It's a cool idea that seems to be reflecting our ever evolving methods of communicating and learning. I enrolled on-line, was given the schedule and a phone number to call or a link to click on and enter the classroom. Each session is an hour long and I have been going from one class to another on and off all weekend. Following the conference, I have two weeks to listen to any session I was unable to attend. Wow...all from the comfort of my own home office or whilst on my bluetooth...pretty amazing stuff.

As with any conference, my own way of thinking is given a bit of a shake up. I know having taught thousands of classes over many years, that I become somewhat stagnant and stale, even if it's not reflected directly into my class or evident to my students. When I hear that inner voice whispering, "hey...find some inspiration" I know it's time to look at what I'm doing from a different perspective.

What I also get from sessions such as the ones being offered via the virtual conference, is a reassurance of my own path and purpose. I know that what I am doing professionally and how I'm living my life personally is a reflection of my greater purpose, or what Buddhists might term my "dharma". It reinforces how blessed I am to be able to do the work that I do as it truly has potential to alter peoples lives, offering support for all beings to experience their own dharmic path and potential.

I also find it to be incredibly humbling in that my journey is one spent in a perpetual classroom...virtual or not. The learning never ends and I find gratitude in knowing at least that much!

This leads me to my thought of the week...what are you doing to fulfill your own purpose? What steps are you taking to remove your own obstacles to open the space for growth? I challenge you to spend just five minutes thinking about it...today.

No comments:

Post a Comment