Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wearing Many Hats

Greetings everyone,
I'll keep it brief this week as I have my grand daughter and two nieces watching a movie in the next room with them being here for the next week.

My thought for the week is around the different roles we play in our lives, particularly as it relates to our family. I spent the weekend being cast in many parts...daughter, aunt and now grandma. I spoke with two of my siblings and slipped on the sister hat as well as the role of wife. It's interesting to experience the variance of dynamic with each person. The off-shoots of each are that in some roles we are the caregiver, others the listener and sometimes the enforcer of rules and structure.

As my own life has evolved, I hope that I am now more able to bring a sense of love and steadfastness to each of these different relationships. I hope that I have become a better listener and that I can continually undertake the challenge of being fully present and releasing judgement with each individual.

It's going to be a week that tests what I've been working on in my own practice of yoga. And I'm betting that it will be there without me even realizing it.


Peace and Namaste',
Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment