Sunday, August 9, 2009

Letting the Inner Child Out

Greetings everyone,
Having just spent the past week with young feminine energy via visiting relatives, I was once again reminded how great it is to step into my own childlike vigor. As we grow into our adult responsibilities, we often lose the connection to what it's like to simply play. Sometimes I have to stop and check my own seriousness and see how much fun I'm having living my life...how am I finding my joy? How am I expressing my inner child that is simply beating down the door to get out and play?

The next time you're in a public place, check out how many adults look like they're having a great time. Do they seem like they're in a hurry to get to the next order of business, or are they taking a moment to see something beautiful or offer a smile? My other thought is to step into some time with a young child and instead of acting all grown up...don't. Sit down and color outside the lines. Be "it" in a game of tag or fill up some water balloons without worrying if you're going to get wet or a grass stain on your clothes. Run around barefoot and "ssshhh" the grown up voice that wants you to "be careful and sit down".

That's it...play.

Laugh.

Joy.


Peace and Namaste',
Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment