Sunday, May 17, 2009

We All Look the Same in Yoga Clothes

Greetings everyone,
One thing I really enjoy about the work that I do is that it translates to so many different people. My oldest client is about to turn 94 and my youngest clients are thinking about finishing off their college studies. I used to refer to my fitness classes as being the "great equalizers" in that everyone is basically in the same position. When I was at the University of Melbourne, I wouldn't know if I had the Dean of a school or a first year student pumping away to the music...everyone looked the same. They all wore workout clothes and exercise shoes, I couldn't tell if someone had a Ph.D. or a high school diploma. They were all equal in my eyes.

And yoga is the same. It doesn't matter what your status is in life. The saying is, "if you can breathe, you can do yoga". That's quite a broad invitation. Yoga Alliance is an organizing body that supports yoga instructors and those wanting to do yoga. They have listed the Top 10 reasons to Practice Yoga:

1. Stress Relief
2. Pain Relief
3. Better Breathing
4. Improved Flexibility
5. Increased Strength
6. Weight Management
7. Improved Circulation
8. Cardiovascular Conditioning
9. Better Body Alignment
10. Focus on the Present

So I am INVITING you, no matter who you are, what your story is or if you can't touch your toes to give yoga a try. Step onto the mat. It might just be an unfolding of an experience that might surprise you.

Additionally, I am taking deposits for the yoga retreat to Australia. More information can be found by emailing me or going to my web site
www.desertyogatherapy.com and going to the "retreats" page.

I hope you enjoy a beautiful week! Peace and Namaste'.

No comments:

Post a Comment