Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I got nothing...

Greetings everyone,
As I sat down to write this weeks message I had nothing. I was blank. Then I thought to myself...wow...I'm trying to find nothingness everyday when I meditate and here I am, in the middle of the day looking for something and all I got was nothing. And of course, that has now led me towards the thought for this week which has nothing to do with nothingness, but with layers of transition.

What I mean by layers of transition is our ever evolving understanding of something in particular. As an example, when you begin yoga, you are presented with so many new ideas, breath awareness and poses, that it's all a bit big and overwhelming...nothing subtle about it. But as we continue to practice things that are initially unfamiliar begin to become more known as we peel away the layers of their complexity. We gain a subtle awareness that was lying within all along and it is time and persistency that allows us to see things in greater detail.

This can be applied to anything...playing tennis initially we just try to meet ball and racquet and as we progress we look to less obvious changes such as grip, spin and placement. The same can be said for any physical endeavor, intellectual pursuit or spiritual connection.
As we commit to any practice we can find ourselves in a deeper place that initially seemed unfathomable. So why not this week, look to the next layer of discovery in whatever you're committed to doing...work, pleasure, relationship, nature or yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment